We’ve long been fans of Danish design brand (just look at our archives!), which has been around since 2002, and that’s all thanks to Mette Hay and her co-founder husband, Rolf, and Troels Holch Povlsen. HAY has been a steady force in the modern design world, never missing a step with their smart design partnerships and launches. One of the most recognizable branches of the brand are their fun, colorful accessories, which Mette oversees as the Creative Director, along with the . If you’ve every come across one of their pop-ups or stores, you know how visually enticing they are and we have her to thank for that as she so perfectly styles them. The expertly curated range of affordable products, from textiles, tableware, storage, and stationery, continues to elevate the brand to the head of modern product design. This week’s Friday Five checks in with the busy and talented Mette to see what she’s selected as her favorites.
1. The from . My kids will love it and it will be so cute in our kitchen.
2. . I just love the pattern and the blue colour. I have selected many quilts found in India, Turkey and Marrakesh. This one is from the USA.
3. Then I wish to take a trip to in Scotland. Would be so lovely to spend a weekend here in the autumn.
4. Landon Metz. I would love his work on my walls.
5. . My number 1 favorite fashion brand. I love almost everything from his collection and it is always a pleasure to visit his store in Paris or Antwerp.